RFMicron produces ICs that enable a new class of low-cost, wireless, microcontroller-free, battery-free sensors. These autonomous chips incorporate RF energy harvesting and sensing circuits that detect and respond to a variety of environmental stimuli. The chips communicate over the industry-standard ISO 18000-6 UHF protocol. Sensors for moisture and pressure have been demonstrated; sensors for many other stimuli are possible. These sensors provide the economies of scale necessary to drive pervasive deployment into very high volume applications for the automotive, construction, energy, and healthcare industries to name a few.
- 'Internet of Things' is the next big thing
- RFID Live Report: Innovations from the Chip Makers
- Embedded Sensing & M2M Enable Advanced Efficient Agriculture
- RFMicron Inc. was named one of the Most Promising I.T. and Web Companies at the 8th Annual Rice Alliance
- RFMicron rides rising Wireless Tracking market in Austin