RFMicron produces Smart Passive Sensing solutions which connect the unconnectable. Addressing diverse markets that include automotive, health care, and industrial, RMicron’s Smart Passive Sensing solutions are based on RF Micron’s low-cost semiconductor sensors which operate in wireless, microcontroller-free, battery-free deployment.
RFMicron’s chip solutions incorporate RF energy harvesting and sensing circuits that detect and respond to a variety of environmental stimuli including moisture, temperature, pressure and proximity. These ultra-low power ICs are used by RFMicron and others in low-cost passive sensor tags and industry specific system-level solutions.
These sensors provide the economies of scale necessary to drive pervasive deployment into very high volume applications for the automotive, construction, energy, and healthcare industries to name a few.
“RFMicron’s Smart Passive Sensing products will revolutionize the way business is done, just as the Internet has changed the way we do things on a daily basis. We continue to find new applications of this technology to monitor environmental conditions more cost effectively or even to monitor what couldn’t be monitored before.”
– Shahriar Rokhsaz, CEO
Our key advantages over the competitors are:
- Smart Passive Sensing solutions to enable the Internet of Everything
- Universal RFID tags: use anywhere on any material
- Roll-to-Roll thin, flexible and lower cost on metal tags
- Same performance whether the same tag is mounted on or off metal
- Fully passive, wireless smart sensor chip solution capable of sensing environment
- Deployed where active, semi-active sensors are not practical and are costly
- The low cost alternative to highly expensive solutions
The Magnus™ chip is a multipurpose passive device incorporating a wireless communication engine, a self-tuning circuit for high reliability operation, and sensing capability. To take full advantage of these capabilities, RFMicron is engaging with leading producers of tags, sensors and systems who will offer products based on the Chameleon™ technology. The products will include RFID tags for high-value systems solutions and processes, and sensors for applications where the use of expensive, wired or battery-powered sensors is not practical.