Wireless Smart Passive Sensor IC’s
RFMicron’s Magnus® S single chip family of ICs enables a new class of fully-functional wireless passive sensor tags consisting of nothing more than the Magnus® S chip and an antenna.
This single-chip solution provides sensing capability via affordable sensor tags for multiple stimuli such as moisture, pressure, temperature, and positioning (relative to a metal reference point). This innovation enables substantially lower cost, easily deployed, maintenance-free and battery-free, sensing solutions to business problems for improved product and quality control.
The Magnus® S product family is designed for use in EPCglobal™ Gen 2 (v. 2.0.0) and ISO/IEC 18000-6C compliant tags. It offers an unprecedented degree of user control and feedback, correction of interference and de-tuning conditions and allows for precise management of tag response.
The Magnus® S Sensor IC enables cost-effective solutions which today can only be achieved by conventional sensors costing 10 to 100 times more. RFMicron sensors respond to a variety of environmental stimuli and provide the economies of scale necessary to drive pervasive deployment into markets such as automotive, construction, energy, and healthcare.
- RFMicron’s patented Chameleon™ technology enables self-tuning consistent-performing passive tags
- Multi-bit Sensor Code reports changes in impedance due to environmental effects
- On-Chip RSSI provides an unprecedented level of information on system performance
- Meets EPCglobal™ Gen2 (v. 2.0.0) and ISO/IEC 18000-6C requirements
- Worldwide operation in the RFID UHF band from 860 to 960 MHz
- User-accessible read-only and read/write memory
- Operating Frequency: 860-960 MHz
- Health Care
- … and many more