Rapid Water Intrusion Detection for Improved Automotive Manufacturing Quality Control
RFMicron’s moisture sensing technology addresses one of the most serious warranty issues facing the automotive industry today – water intrusion.
Despite proactive efforts by automotive manufacturers to address this problem in design, engineering and manufacturing, namely subjecting every finished vehicle to an extended water bath and manual inspection, numerous vehicles continue to escape the production line and are delivered to customers with leaks.
RFMicron’s passive, wireless OnMetal Moisture Sensor solution can reliably detect water leakage, which would normally be missed by today’s manual inspection techniques and can result in significant cost savings to automotive manufacturers.
Benefits of RFMicron’s Solution:
- Ability to remotely, wirelessly and accurately detect water intrusion within a vehicle during factory quality testing
- Utilizes passive, RF energy harvesting technology so no batteries are needed to power the sensor
- Specifically designed to wirelessly operate within a harsh metalized vehicle chassis environment
- Rapidly detects water leakage and alerts personnel of a problem
- Automatically documents the event for quality tracking, trending and data analysis purposes
- Cost-effective, scalable, and easy to deploy with Peel-and-Stick™ moisture sensor tags that quickly attach to a vehicle chassis
Quality Control Moisture Intrusion Sensor
The RFM2110 wireless sensor detects water intrusion in automotive, aircraft, and other semi-enclosed spaces. Modern vehicle assembly is complex and subject to water leaks which require complex repairs. The RFM2110 moisture sensor has been specifically designed for use on metallic surfaces. The flexible design can be attached to complex surfaces using the integrated adhesive strip.